Look: March 24, 1953
Cover : Joanne Gilbert.
– Full page Delsey toilet tissue ad, art by Lucia.
– Full page color Betty Crocker General Mills ad with cute little red-headed boy doing a pull-up.
– Nice little photo of Olle Karlsson laying across a spread of LOOK magazines.
– Weight lifter John Davis is the world’s strongest man, photo shows him lifting a platform on which 10 Marines are standing.
– Very cool full page color movie poster ad for “Desert Legion” with Alan Ladd.
– William L. Laurence says “You may live forever.”
– Dress designer Sophie Gimbel.
– Air Force pressure suits for high altitude flights.
– Does your child cheat in school?
– Jane Froman dances.
– Two page Ford Motor Company ad, the American Road part 15, How the $5 day changed the world.
– Radioactive cobalt is a treatment for cancer, includes Lillian E. Jacobson, Jacob R. Freid.
– 100 years of Van Gogh, includes full page color reproduction of La Berceuse.
– The White Sox baseball tryout camp at Fort Pierce, includes Russell Johnson, Russ Hancock, Ken Peters, Carol Ward, Sandra Lybrand, Ray Erazmus, Ira Handelman, Frank Layana, Dick Lewis, more, a very nice, long article with lots of photos.
– A new way to fight communism.
– John Tigrett is a Toy tycoon, Tigrett Enterprises, Zoomerang, Zoomerbows, Zoom-Zooms, Zoomerays, The Toy, more.
– Full page Charles Antell Formula 9 hair care ad, includes Mary Green and Rose Rayow.
– Americans are paying more in taxes than they spend for food and clothing.
– Gene Kelly and “The Invitation to Dance.”
– Humorous piece on How to Handle Women.
– Full page color Lustre-Crème ad with Barbara Stanwyck.
– 1953 All American Basketball team, all white but one.
– This I Believe, a new book compiled by Edward R. Murrow.
– Full page International Nickel Company INCO ad with night rain scene, art by P—tello, possibly Prurtello.
– Executive producer Sam Fuller keeps the audiences happy, Colgate Comedy Hour, All-Star revue.
– Meals and cooking in the parlor.